The Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) has extended the review process for its Code of conduct. Deadline is now December 31, 2008. Participants to the GoodElectronics Network have in the past years repeatedly submitted feedback and critique on the EICC code. The extension of the review process also offers GoodElectronics an opportunity to reiterate previously shared comments and suggestions for improvement of the code.
EICC was pressured to consider an extension for the current Code review cycle, among others by GoodElectronics. GoodElectronics stresses the need for EICC to engage stakeholders in this process, especially stakeholders from the global South. EICC has now extended the feedback submission period from 30 September to 31 December, 2008. Note that the review process is strictly managed.
- To be considered during this review cycle, proposals should be submitted on 31 December 2008 at the latest.
- Proposals should be submitted verbatim, or in other words, as exact language changes to the current version of the EICC code.
- All proposals must be submitted online, using a web form .
- Proposals submitted after December 31, 2008 will be considered during the next review cycle.
- For inquiries regarding the EICC code review process, contact the EICC Stakeholder Engagement Work Group at [email protected].
Members of EICC include Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) firms and Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs). As of September 2008, the EICC membership sat at more than 40 companies.