The GoodElectronics Network is happy to announce the upcoming Global Network Meeting to be held on 6 – 10 October 2017, in Batam, Indonesia. A full program will be scheduled for 7 – 9 of October. Official invitations, a survey on potential discussion topics and registration details will be sent out shortly to all GoodElectronics’ members and other invitees.
FSPMI Union (Federasi Serikat Pekerja Metal Indonesia), Sedane Labor Resource Center (LIPS: Lembaga Informasi Perburuhan Sedane) and IndustriALL Global Union (including South East Asia Office) have generously agreed to support GE Network in co-organizing and co-hosting the event.
While the Agenda is still being developed (suggestions are highly appreciated), during the upcoming Global Meeting it will be important to do a review of the GE Network and discuss issues such as:
- Rethinking the long-term strategy of the GE Network.
- What has worked well? What can be improved?
- Should we have more concrete focus areas/working groups?
- Rotation/confirmation of steering committee members.
- Sustainability for the GE Network (funding, hosting, expanding of secretariat, etc.).
- Overall assessment of implementation and progress of network.
This announcement is sent out to a long-list of possibly interested participants including GoodElectronics members, partners & allies, as well as experts on different fields. Please save the dates. While all members are invited to join (accommodation and meals will be provided) there is a limited budget to support travel expenses. If possible we encourage you to cover your own travel expenses so we can support more Global South participants.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!